Fish ‘n’ Chips Cod Tacos
For some strange reason, we had leftover cod and broccoli slaw from a fish and chips dinner. (My husband’s fish and chips dinner is usually gobbled up the first night!)
The next day I was craving a burrito (taco shop burrito, not overly healthy burrito, mind you). Instead, I scanned the refrigerator, trying to figure out what I could throw together for a semi-nutritious comfort lunch. Then, I spotted corn tortillas, guacamole and leftover fish and slaw. I added some black beans for a little extra fiber and a little fat free shredded Cheddar just because.
How I made my fish’n’chips cod tacos:
- Two corn tortillas
- Leftover fish from fish and chips dinner (cod covered in whole wheat panko, lightly sauteed in olive oil)
- Leftover broccoli slaw (pre-packaged broccoli slaw mixed with a little light ranch dressing)
- Scoop of canned black beans
- Scoop of pre-made guacamole
- A little fat-free shredded Cheddar
The result? Seriously delicious. So delicious, in fact, I immediately forgot about the craving for a taco shop burrito.
TELL US: What delicacies have you created from leftover fish dishes? Please share. We’d love to hear from you!
Posted by Rima Kleiner, MS, RD