AS THE LEADING VOICE FOR THE FISH AND SEAFOOD INDUSTRY,NATIONAL FISHERIES INSTITUTE (NFI) promotes sustainable and affordable seafood as the daily protein food choice for feeding the world. NFI is comprised of companies engaged in the commercial fish and seafood business. NFI members span from “water to table” – whether they catch or cultivate, process or distribute, import or export, a common goal is to help American families eat more fish and seafood.
NFI members work together on issues that affect the seafood industry, including legislative and regulatory policies, technical and scientific issues, seafood promotion, and consumer marketing opportunities.
There are five major categories of membership:
SEAFOOD COMPANIES-Including Harvesters, Importers, Processors, Secondary processors, Wholesalers, Packers, Regular members whose business is predominantly seafood, regardless of whether headquartered in the U.S. or in another country, and seafood distributors. Fees are based on sales and include both domestic and export sales.
BROAD-LINE DISTRIBUTORS & SEAFOOD RESTAURANTS – Restaurants with food sales greater than 50% in seafood. Fees are based on seafood purchases.
GENERAL RESTAURANTS – Restaurants with food sales that are less than 50% in seafood. Fees are based on the number of restaurants or units.
TRADE ASSOCIATIONS – Regional and national associations. Fees are based on the size of the trade association’s budget.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS – Any company in the business of supplying goods or services to companies in the commercial fish or seafood industry. Government agencies and diversified retailers are also represented through this category. The fee is a flat rate of $2,000.
HOW TO JOIN NFI
To JOIN NFI, complete the membership application and fax it to: (703) 752-7583 or mail it to Gerrie Thomas’ attention at the below address. Membership fees are based on your company’s category of membership. For all seafood companies your commitment to the Economic Intregrity Program is a requirement of membership. Questions about NFI should be directed to Gerrie Thomas at (703) 752-8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in talking to a current NFI member, we are happy to put you in touch with someone. Invest with the rest of the seafood community to ensure we have a strong voice to continue increasing the demand for seafood.
National Fisheries Institute
7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 700
McLean, VA 22102
Additional Member Benefits & Affinity Program
• The NFI Insider, a weekly e-newsletter with the latest updates on regulatory, legislative and industry actions.
• The Federal Register, a daily summary that keeps members informed on government agencies activities related to the seafood
• Company inclusion in the annual NFI Buyer’s Guide & Membership Directory.
OfficeMax Partner AdvantageSM Program
Members of NFI will enjoy substantial savings of 31% to 88% off the manufacturers’ list price on frequently purchased items, and get reduced pricing on more than 12,000 in-stock products and 3,700 environmentally preferable products and services. Members will also receive discounts on certain OfficeMax Print and Document services. Whether you order online or at an OfficeMax store, your exclusive NFI member discounts apply. This member program offers:
NFI has partnered with InterCall, to provide members special rates for audio and web conferencing. InterCall is the world’s largest conferencing services provider and is consistently noted by industry experts as a market leader.
Best of all, our member pricing represents a 50% discount off of InterCall’s standard pricing for toll-free audio conferencing. InterCall also offers web conferencing through Cisco WebEx™ and Adobe® Connect™ and cloud services for business with Microsoft® Office 365
members can save at least 70% on qualifying less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments. FedEx Freight has changed the LTL industry by offering two delivery choices within one streamlined network. They include:
FedEx Freight® Priority
- For reliable delivery of time-sensitive LTL (less-than-truckload) freight.
- Additional value-added services, including a no-fee money-back guarantee* and FedEx Freight Advance Notice®.
- All-points coverage nationwide, within one streamlined network.
FedEx Freight® Economy
- The smart choice when you need reliable, economical freight delivery.
- Trade time for savings when you’re not shipping fast-transit freight.
- All-points coverage nationwide, within one FedEx Freight® network.
Save at least 70% on qualifying less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments. YRCW offers flexible, efficient solutions, including comprehensive regional and national coverage with a full suite of guaranteed, expedited and specialized services.
- Expedited Precision™ offers you expedited, time-definite, air and ground service backed by our industry-leading customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Guaranteed Precision™ will get your goods to their destination with a guarantee, ensuring delivery, on or before the standard service date by noon, 5 p.m., or within a customer-defined window, or you don’t pay.
- Exhibit is a single source to satisfy your shipping needs to, from and between trade shows – including air and ground, expedited and guaranteed.
- Cross-border dedicated service to Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
- YRC.com allows users to easily access shipping information 24/7.